Works in Progress
Currently working on a few pieces using scraps from other projects- this is why I really don’t like to throw anything away.
The first is a box frame piece- trying to use some big pieces of my unfortunately smashed mug. I have a few more pieces that I will use in other ways too.
The last two are scraps of paper collaged with a light wash of gesso ready for some linework and ink. I’m still not entirely sure what they will finish up as.
Stories, acrylic ink, collage, cut text and pigment ink pen in Moleskine sketchbook.
Cut text reads:
That is the time of the year,
full of fog,
I looked forward to tea,
in front of cheap
Playing around with some art scraps and ink because I can’t sleep. Not quite sure what I’ll make this into but I’ll see how it goes.
I don’t usually sketch/doodle digitally however I downloaded this pencil Photoshop brush from Andantonius and have been playing around with it a little bit. I love the texture of the brush and it really is lovely to draw with in Photoshop.
I thought it would be quite interesting to experiment with sketching things out digitally, print them onto good quality paper and then finish them with inks.
I decided to create a quick, rough outline sketch of Morrissey just because. I’m not sure if I quite like the overall composition of the image and I probably won’t continue to a finished image with it.
I do want to make an ink piece with Morrissey as the subject though so I may have to try out different poses/ compositions until I’m happy enough with them to take it to a completed artwork.
Working on a couple of Valentine’s Day card designs. Will probably make a few more.
Custom designs are always available of course.
My finished Sokolum piece. This is acrylic ink and pen on cardstock, 21 x 21cm
Recently I have decided to create some artwork inspired by various Youtubers I have been watching for years. It’s not much but I wanted to give something back.
Heather/ Sokolum is a pretty awesome and inspiring makeup artist- check her out on: Youtube| Twitter| Instagram
Stepped Tea, acrylic ink and pigment ink pen on paper, 9 x 15cm
The is my first little bit of experimentation with cutting and reassembling drawings.
This image was originally drawn and inked on 200gsm paper and cut into strips. I then reassembled the image with the strips staggered to disjoint the image. I then added white ink splatters over the top of the image recreate continuity of the image.
I will be making a few more of these type of images, however I think I will create smaller strips to reassemble to emphasise the intended effect.
For reference I used this stock from liam-stock on DA