The start of my planning for my Hearts A Mess piece. Originally I was playing around with the idea of two figures- possible reaching out for each other or at least one of them reaching out for the other. I was adamant to get an anatomical representation of a heart in the artwork, the one here is drawn with an ink pen and white acrylic ink- with reference to an old medical illustration found here at The Graphics Fairy. A great resource for out of copyright and vintage imagery.
Working out composition before cutting up the heart. The base ink on the paper was done a couple of months ago, it’s from a large piece of paper that I used ink and water on. I cut up the paper into smaller bits to use for different artwork, they’re working great as bases at the moment.
I added another layer of ink to the piece and managed to cut up the heart. I worked out the placement for this and have started stitching between the pieces.
I’m planning to add quite a bit more thread and also ink the figure separate cut it out and add it to this…with more thread.
I’ll continue tomorrow.