Finished Artwork

I’m behind with posts but here is the finished artwork from the last post. Been very busy with actually doing written work along with the practical work for the end of the semester so I’m only just updating the blog now.

The text on the nose of the plane is text from the crash report. This text is cut to fit the shape of the nose and I added it to the painting upside down to fit the orientation of the plane.

I also added a discarded engine in the background of the scene, the engine in the crash was ripped off and beaten pretty badly by the impact, shearing off some metal from the engine casing . There is also added text to the engine form outlined with black ink.

Image size: Approx 841 x 594 mm, ink, acrylic paint on paper

Advertisements

Leave a comment

Filed under Artwork, Artwork In Progress, MA Fine Art

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s